This week we explore the birth of modern dress, a revolution in fact, that occurred during a period in the early 20th century when women radically altered the way they had been dressing for centuries.
- Arnold, Rebecca. "Vionnet, Madeleine." The Berg Companion to Fashion. Ed. Valerie Steele. Oxford: Bloomsbury Academic, 2010. Bloomsbury Fashion Central. Web. 29 Dec. 2017. <https://www.bloomsburyfashioncentral.com/products/berg-fashion-library/encyclopedia/the-berg-companion-to-fashion/vionnet-madeleine>.
- Arnold, Rebecca. "Vionnet … Classicism." Classic and Modern Writings on Fashion. Oxford: Berg, 2009. Bloomsbury Fashion Central. Web. 29 Dec. 2017. <https://www.bloomsburyfashioncentral.com/products/berg-fashion-library/book/classic-and-modern-writings-on-fashion/vionnet-classicism>.
- Duff Gordon, Lucile. A Woman of Temperament. Attica Books, 2012.
- Evans, Caroline. The Mechanical Smile: Modernism and the First Fashion Shows in France and America 1900-1929. New Haven CT: Yale University Press, 2013.
- Kirke, Betty. Madeleine Vionnet. San Francisco: Rizzoli, 2009.
- Poiret, Paul. King of Fashion: The Autobiography of Paul Poiret. London: V&A Publishing, 2009.
- Reeder, Jan Glier. "The Touch of Paquin, 1891-1920." Order No. EP72415, Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, 1990. In PROQUESTMS Dissertations & Theses @ Fashion Institute of Technology, https://libproxy.fitsuny.edu:2818/docview/1687154155?accountid=27253.
- Steele, Valerie. The Corset: A Cultural History. New Haven, Conn., and London: Yale University Press, 2001.
- Steele, Valerie. Paris Fashion: A Cultural History. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 1998.