This episode explores how the body type considered ideal shifts over time, and we speak with fashion historian Emma McClendon about her current exhibition The Body: Fashion and Physique.
- Bruna, Denis, ed. Fashioning the Body: An Intimate History of the Silhouette. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2015.
- Hollander, Anne. Seeing Through Clothes. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1993.
- McClendon, Emma. The Body: Fashion and Physique. New York: The Museum at FIT, 2017.
- Ribeiro, Aileen. Dress and Morality. New York: Holmes and Meier Publisher, Inc., 1986.
- Vigarello, Georges. The Silhouette: From the 18th Century to the Present Day. Translated by Augusta Dörr. London: Bloomsbury, 2016.